We welcome to the competition choirs and duets from Estonia and abroad. There is no age limit for the singers. The competition is held in two categories: choirs (regardless of the type of choir) and duets. First round of the competition or demo round and second round or final.
Registration deadline for the demo round is 10th February 2024 To participate in the competition, you need to send in a filled out registration questionnaire and one recorded song of your free choice in the popjazz genres as a mp3 file by this date. The questionnaire can be filled out online on the competition homepage at www.lauluragin.ee/en/registration.
The jury will choose for the final 10 choirs and 20 duets based on the demos. The finalists are announced by 26th February on the competition homepage. We expect the following information from the finalists by 10th March:
- CV (short text introducing the choir)
- · photo of the choir in JPG format
- · sheet music for two songs – computer-made or printed musical notation, authors, arrangers, impeccable description of form with all required indication symbols, chord symbols etc.
NB! CV and photo are not required for duets.
Payment for participation in the final is 100 euros per choir and 25 euros and this has to be paid by 10th March, 2024 to the account of Valga Rural Municipality Government, EE491010202000577004 in SEB Pank, note “Lauluragin” and name of the choir or names of the singers in the case of a duet.
Programme (for choirs)
- programme length max 10 minutes, the jury will dock points for exceeding this time
- performance in the final of the competition will take place together with Antti Kammiste backup band
- 2 songs must be performed (different characters):
- pop or jazz work of authors from your country in your native language
- pop or jazz work from world music
NB! One of the two works may also be performed a cappella.
Programme (for duets)
- one pop or jazz work must be performed, there are no language requirements
- a recording (audio CD) or the piano may be used as accompaniment
- duets are not allowed to use backing singers (neither on the recording nor live).
Awards: Choirs --- Duets
I place 500€ 150€
II place 300€ 100€
III place 200€ 75€
Competition jury has the right to present additional special awards
Exact information on festival timetable and organization (accommodation, boarding) will be forwarded to the finalists at the latest by 10th March.
VIII internationaljazz competition-festival “LAULURAGIN 2024” for choirs and duets is organized by the Valga Culture and Hobby Center.
Artistic director of the festival Toomas Voll, +372 522 2395, firstname.lastname@example.org
Representative of the organizer Kaja Sisask, tel +372 5349 4175, email@example.com